You are reading this because you want more chiropractic new patients. Of course you do…they are the life-blood of your clinic. New patients are responsible for patient visits and collections. But it’s not just about getting new chiropractic patients…it’s about keeping them and turning them into referral machines because they are happy. They are happy because you give them what they want. So what do new patients really want?
As a general rule, people buy what they want, way more than what they need. So, the more “wants” you fulfill, the more patients you will have. (new ones, referrals, and reactivations)
Here’s a short list of some of their wants (and don’t wants). I’m sure you can think of more. Maybe discuss with your staff.
Now all you have to do is figure out a way to give it to them; a lot easier of a task than trying to get new chiropractic patients in the doors with things they need but don’t want:
1. Out of pain quick
2. Out of your office quick with little wait time
3. Free stuff
4. Food (think free coffee/tea or healthy snacks)
5. Not to be hassled (no pressure cooker ROF’s)
6. Not to be lectured or proven wrong
7. Feel in control (accept patients at any level of care they want)
8. Feel important, liked, valued, appreciated, special (call by name, send welcome cards/gifts, thank-you’s)
9. Bragging rights, about themselves, about you (people naturally want to be the bearer of good news. This is the basis of social media. Give them something worthy of telling others about)
10. To be right (Not to be wrong). The patient (customer) is always right!
11. Don’t want to be sold (let them decide and be OK with their decision)
12. Treated fairly, fair value, NOT taken for granted
Note: #8 is a big one. Find ways to make each patient feel as though you like them better than most, if not all your patients. Find out what they are good at or experts in. Talk about those things. This is tricky but when done, goes a long way. I’m sure you can recall in your life when someone told you that you were/are special. We never forget these people. Be sincere. Send personal notes in the mail if you know it’s a special occasion or just because.
And Lastly, ask them. Here are some examples of questions to ask to make sure your chiropractic patients are happy: Is there anything more or different you wish we were doing here? Is there more I can do for you? Are you comfortable with the chiropractic treatment? I want this to be a magic carpet ride for you, is there any way I can serve you better?
And when a patient attaches their name to yours and refers a new chiropractic patient to you, make sure you acknowledge them properly. See our blog post What You Should Do When A Chiropractic Patient Refers.
And once you know patients are happy and you are giving them what they want, it’s time to help them refer to you. People love to be the bearer of good news. To help with this see our post 10 Tips To Stimulate Chiropractic NP Referrals.
So there you go. Turbo charge your compliance, conversions, referrals and collections by giving new chiropractic patients what they want!
Leave Your Comment Below!