Every chiropractor wants more NP referrals right? Of course they do. Chiropractic NP referrals are more compliant and are predisposed to conducting business with you because someone they know endorsed you and your chiropractic services.
And for the most part, there is not much cost associated with chiropractic referrals as compared to external marketing, which makes them even more valuable and worth earning. Yes, you do have to earn referrals, and it all starts from the second a new patients enters your clinic. Make sure to read The Way Your Chiropractic Clinic Looks is Marketing.
That being said, there are ways to propagate the fact that you are great and others should know about you.
Here are the 10 Tips to Help Generate Chiropractic Referrals (From simplest to most daring):
Take all of these with a grain of salt. Make them your own. The point is to be conscious of your words and
opportunities that you have to drop hints without asking or begging.
1. To every new patient or incoming NP call, “Who referred you to our office?”
2. To existing patients, “If you ever refer a patient to our office, please make sure that they mention your name okay?”
3. When a patient expresses appreciation or satisfaction with your care and/or results, “I just wish more people new about us!”
4. A sign on the wall and/or on paperwork, “Our patients were referred to us by people like you!”
5. When you do business in town, “Give me your card so I can tell others about you, here’s some of mine so that you can do the same okay?”
6. When someone asks what line of work you’re in, “I take care of your friends or family members suffering from neck or back pain. I’m a doctor of chiropractic.”
7. When someone says, “I don’t believe in Chiropractic”. You say, “Neither do I but if you or a family member wants to get rid of their neck or back pain, here’s my card.”
8. When a patient calls to cancel and doesn’t plan on coming back, “I’m sorry we can’t help you. If you refer a patient to us, will you at least make sure that they mention your name?”
9. C.A at the front desk when a patient leaves after their adjustment, “Give these cards to people that you care about and are fun like you to be around okay?”
10. If the doctor is feeling daring, “Are you mad at me?…pause for a response then say, “You haven’t referred a patient to us yet so I thought maybe there is something wrong.” (If you do this, do it with a smile; sort of jokingly.)
So there you go. And remember, it’s always a great idea to acknowledge those that refer. Please read our blog post What Should You Do When A Chiropractic Patient Refers.
It’s one thing to be great at what you do. It’s another to make the most out of it!