I don’t know about you, but I don’t miss “the good ‘ole days” when there was no Internet, no cell phones, no fax machines, no pagers, no nothing.
If you wanted to communicate with someone, you had to pick up the phone, write ’em a letter, or get on a plane or in the car and go out to see ’em. With these limitations, frequent communications was basically impossible.
Nowadays, you can communicate to your list much more often (daily in many cases) from a handheld device from almost anywhere in the world.
These days, you can:
- Have ChiroTrust send daily emails to your list (new patients, current patients, past patients).
- Post articles from your Online Information Center on social media.
- Make custom audiences out of your lists and boost content to them.
- Like, follow, and engage with local influencers.
- Mail out the O.I.C. postcard and Monthly Health Updates (instructions in The Vault).
As long as you’re also giving patients what they want, it’s all you need to do.
It sure beats spinal screening…