In the past, I was hesitant to admit this but as I get older, I appreciate the power of being busy.
Not busy for the sake of being busy, but for the results that being PRODUCTIVELY busy achieves.
For me, being productively busy isn’t about the revenue that it often generates, but how it makes me feel.
As a younger guy, I dreamed about retirement and having nothing but freedom and time on my hands; but now that I am older, I want nothing more than to be busy.
For the last 2-3 years, I haven’t been myself. I blame it on all the restrictions that pandemic brought to our lives.
But now that Ben is back and has a full schedule of private clients and new projects and goals, I feel better and younger than ever.
- I can wake up ridiculously early and full of energy.
- I find myself less stuck to my phone, social media, on the couch, etc.
- I decided to totally quit consuming alcohol. (I averaged 1-2 drinks per week. I don’t miss it and I feel great.)
- I committed to traveling more this year both domestically and abroad.
- I reinvented my personal style.
- I’ve networked with successful entrepreneurs half my age whom I will be spending time on worthwhile projects with.
- I’ve committed to the marketing of a candidate for the Mayor of Carmel by the Sea.
- I’m opening 2 brick and mortar businesses.
I attribute that to my continued and consistent care of my mind and body but most of all, becoming busy again.
One thing I know for sure is this…
Being idle isn’t good.
If you are in a slump, uninspired, or are successful but bored, consider challenging yourself again.
Conceive, believe, and achieve.
I am convinced that “busy” is the only path to feeling young, inspired, and useful and simply doing what young, inspired, and useful people do is the answer.
As Dan Sullivan of Strategic Coach says…
“MAKE IT UP, THEN MAKE IT REAL.”
You are most likely younger than me and busier with family-based goals and obligations but as you grow older, I hope that you reconsider the necessity of retirement and opt for continued growth that comes with being busy.
Leave Your Comment Below!