In 25 years of reading, close to 100,000 work hours, and millions of dollars invested in myself, I’ve gained some wisdom and created daily habits that have not only made some of my clients, close friends, and myself millions of dollars over our collective lifetimes, but have also made us healthier and happier.
In no particular order, here they are:
- Get in and out of bed early and work extremely hard on the right things at the right time… and eliminate, outsource, delegate, or automate the rest. Focus on meaningful stuff. Don’t waste time. Invest in competence.
- Live clean. Live elegantly. Make food, exercise, and alone time a daily priority. Spend time to think and to be in nature. Be good to yourself.
- In every single interaction, be kind and be memorable.
- Be generous. Don’t be cheap. Money must flow.
- Be grateful. Say “Thank You”… a lot. Be humble. Live and be in the present moment… always.
- Be true to yourself. Be yourself. Envy no one. Play your own game. You have nothing to prove. Nobody cares anyway. Self-awareness is everything.
- Accept what is, no matter what. (Read “The Untethered Soul”.) Know that everything is okay, especially when it isn’t. Soon or someday it will make sense and serve you.
- Nurture your confidence, carefully choose your friends, and eliminate toxic people from your life.
- If you need help, get it. But make sure you always pay for it, either in cash or reciprocity.
- Value your loved ones. Spend time with them. Don’t ignore them. Serve them without any expectations.
It’s all easier said than done but if you are willing to install and adopt these daily habits and ways of being, everything will improve… and if it doesn’t, that’s okay too because who you are is more important anyway.