HABIT: a settled or regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up.
RITUAL: a series of actions or type of behavior regularly and invariably followed by someone.
DO YOU HAVE THEM, DOC?
I recommend that you do.
Everyone I know who is healthy and has a successful family and business has created habits and rituals:
- That are non-negotiable.
- That create results that are predictable and can be replicated.
- That add value to their life and the lives of others
HERE ARE MINE…
- I wake up at least two hours earlier than everyone else.
- Everything that needs to get done is in writing and was planned out the night before.
- I spend about 30 minutes in the morning at Pete’s coffee socializing with friends.
- I don’t eat til 12-1 pm.
- I do the bulk of my communication in the morning before 10 am.
- I’m consciously kind to everyone that I come in contact with and make sure they feel acknowledged and valued.
- I call my dad every day and see him 1-2 times per week.
- I go out of my way to help at least one person a week who really needs it.
- I don’t waste any time. No frivolous talk or actions.
- I eat two times a day. No snacks in between. Very low carbs.
- I do a pull or a push workout on my X3 Bar.
- Every moment I am in a virtual meditative state of prayer and gratitude knowing that each day is a gift.
- My goal each and every day is to go to bed exhausted and I can hardly wait to get up and do it again.
In a nutshell, I don’t waste time.
It’s not for everyone but it works for me.
Leave Your Comment Below!