Life IS tricky… especially when you’re also running a business.
There are good times and bad times, and people and resources come and go.
Here are my 10 best mind hacks no matter what’s going on…
- I’m aware of my emotions but don’t take them too seriously or act on them.
- I assume that everyone is doing their best based on their unique situation and make up. I give them space to be who they are. Even if a person does me wrong, I harbor no ill feelings towards them. I simply move on.
- I only invest what I can afford to lose (time, money, relationships).
- I don’t label anything as good or bad, just information that may make sense or be useful one day.
- I never let anything or anyone get in the way of what I need to do to stay healthy and at peace. I have no problem saying “no”.
- I rarely follow the crowd. If I can’t be in control of a situation, I bounce.
- I don’t respond to opportunities. I create them for myself.
- My strengths, weaknesses, and desires dictate what I do—not what supposedly works for someone else.
- If I want to learn something, before I consult with others, I learn as much as I can on my own, even if it takes longer than I’d like. I come prepared.
- I’m extremely hard on myself. This is no exaggeration. It’s not necessarily a recommended but it’s best for me. I’m low maintenance, require minimal comfort, and am perfectly fine being invisible to others. Actually, I prefer it.