If you are happy, then you are winning and the quickest path to happiness as a business owner (that I have found) is to approaching business this way…
- Nobody cares about me and that’s okay. Everyone is tuned in to the W.I.I.F.M. frequency. (“What’s in it for me”)
- I’m only as relevant as the number of people I touch and serve each and every day
- I cannot be offended. I take nothing personal. I don’t judge anyone by how they are acting. I have no idea what they are going though. Nothing and no one “gets to me”.
- If someone wants to “buy my stuff”…great. If not, great. No problem.
- Business is only a part of my life.
- There’s not much that I need. That is why it is so easy to “win” in business. It’s not that I have low expectations. It’s that I have NO expectations. (Which seems to create and attract what is ultimately best for me.)
- The more I react to what most would consider a “problem”, the far less likely that I can painlessly transform the situation and/or not attract more of the same. Having a “it’s not a problem” attitude is always the goal.
- There’s virtually no such thing as bad news. In the long run, it always works out for the best.
- I lick my wounds in private. I don’t let anyone see me sweat and…unless it’s the death of a loved one, I allow myself only 5 minutes to wallow in despair. 5 minutes max.
- Instead of focusing on what I don’t have, I am in a constant flow of gratitude for what I do have.
- It takes time to build a business. Many many years. Be patient, reverse engineer your life, your thoughts, and your actions and each day accordingly.
Enjoy the process because you’ll never “arrive”. There is no destination that exists. There is only today. Make the best out of it, enjoy it, relax….
And you’ll be and stay happy.