Let’s face it…it’s a lot easier to get things done when you are excited about doing them.
So how do you get and stay excited… even about doing the boring and mundane stuff?
Like you, a lot of what I do isn’t necessarily exciting. So here’s how I stay excited no matter what I want to do, have to do, and don’t want to do…
- I make sure my diet, nutrition, sleep, and exercise is on point. Other than my faith, nothing is more important. Money, relationships, happiness, etc. I won’t let anything or anyone get in the way of my personal health and fitness.
- My confidence. I was born confident. Not sure why. Even when I lacked competence, I was confident. Confidence is crucial. So how do you get it and maintain it? By whom you hang out with. By whom you listen to. By managing the voices in your head. Choose confidence. Dress and walk confidently. Practice confidence by making decisions quickly. No second guessing yourself. Just pull the trigger. You’ll win more by swinging the bat as often and as quickly as possible. Make sure your surroundings—your home, your car, your office, your closet, your life—are clean, elegant, and in order.
- I get up fricken early. Somewhere between 4-5 am. I prepare for the day. I make things happen. I don’t let anything or anyone in my way of getting things done. This attitude itself keeps me excited.
- I don’t watch T.V. I don’t watch Netflix. I not only don’t watch the news, I purposely ignore it. I focus only on things that I control like my thoughts and actions.
- I’m a tool geek. Anything that helps me be more productive, less distracted, and more efficient, I will buy. My sprinter van is a tool. My new Boox Air 2 has been a real game changer for turning ideas into action (Thanks Chris!)…and I am really intentional about when and where I do each and every important task. Dean Jackson calls it “power positions”.
- I make sure I always have something to look forward to: a trip, an acquisition, an event.
Excitement comes from challenges, from change, and from growth.
Venture into the unknown.
Take some risks.
Be uncomfortable…a little scared.
It’s not only okay to be excited, to feel alive, to even become wealthy, but it’s required.