The above is NOT a typo. Yes, I do believe that there are no “cons” to seeing patients exclusively on Mondays through Thursday, but also not stepping foot in your practice on Fridays for ANY reason at all including: doing paperwork, marketing, or seeing new patients. (Read this paragraph one more time!). And YES, your clinic hours and ease of access IS chiropractic marketing!
Here are just some of the benefits:
- You get 3 days a week to charge your batteries, without interruption
- You have more opportunities to do meaningful things with your family; makes life more fun!
- Like sleeping 8-9 hours a night, you can achieve a deeper level of relaxatio
- You’ll have less “no shows” on Thursday than you currently do on Fridays
- It’s a “perk” of being self employed, so why not take advantage of it?
- It requires you to work full days Monday through Thursday which makes your office hours much easier to remember for patients.
- It makes you a better doctor by increasing practice focus; less distraction that is caused from working “half days”.
- Your staff can work on Fridays with no distraction; they’ll be more effective and efficient doing the insurance work, outbound phone calls and other work that they may currently do between office visits. They will enjoy your patients more; seeing them as people and not enemies of their “to-do” list.
- It will force you into becoming better at everything that you do.
- It makes sense!…Why ever work a half day? If you are going to go to the office, you might as well stay there and get more things done to completion. You wouldn’t hose down your car, wash it, then come back the next day to hose off the car soap would you?
How do you let your patients know about your new hours? Stamp them in red ink onto the backside of your business card. Place a sign on the front counter.
Send a letter to your patients 2 weeks prior to the change and let them know that you are working full days mon. – thur. so that they too can not be bothered with doctor visits on Fridays. They’ll appreciate that!
Listen, your practice exists to enhance your life as well!…Take Fridays off and create a new space for possibilities. Don’t wait ‘til you are retired to enjoy life.