Let’s face it, we all want to be in control and that’s a good thing.
Control is a byproduct and benefit of responsibility.
Problems happen when we try to control others.
Even persuasion and influence can be perceived as controlling—especially to those who are sensitive to being controlled.
Patients have their radar up for this sort of thing.
I’ll try not to sound like a broken record. 🙂
Here are ways to create win-win situations and relationships with your patients without controlling them:
- Give them what you already know they want.
- Don’t use “consultation” rooms.
- No scare tactics.
- Don’t try to one-up them, what they told you they heard or read, or what they think is best. Do you want to be right or do you want them to come back and refer others?
- Take it slow. One visit at a time.
- Don’t offer quantity discounts.
- Have a “whatever you works for you”/ “Whatever you want to do is okay with me” attitude.
- Release them before they release you.
With ChiroTrust, you are a welcome guest, not an annoying pest.
So be welcoming.
Welcoming works. 🙂
Leave Your Comment Below!