Ben here. It’s Wednesday, May 20th and I hope you are happy.
I’m pretty happy. Not because life is easy. As a matter of fact, it’s pretty challenging right now for me as it probably is for you too.
My dad is 89 and lives alone. He needs me and I’m there for him. An extremely close friend has a rare cancer and has no family here in California for support. So, I’m it. And of course, this virus and all the restrictions put on us all is no picnic.
Nevertheless, I’m pretty happy.
I will say that I am more aware of how I feel than ever before. It’s kinda weird.
But here is what helps me get through the day and remain fairly happy…
- Waking up early. Getting up a minimum of 2 hours before most makes it possible for me to truly ease into the day, look over my “to do” list that I made the night before, and work on the most important things first.
- Working out 7 days a week. Stretching, some cardio, and some resistance training daily is a must… for me.
- Fasting and eating clean. Six-hour eating window, buying only good stuff because whatever I have in my home or office, I will eventually consume.
- Helping those less fortunate with my time and my dollars the best that I can.
- Staying away from mainstream media. No TV for me. None.
- Getting outside. It’s almost impossible to worry or feel any anxiety while on a bike, a walk, or a hike.
- Making sleep a priority. I’m in bed by 8, up at 4.
- Hobbies and passions. Playing more guitar, table tennis with Makiah, reading stuff about “overlanding”, minimalism, workout techniques, diet and nutrition.
- Staying focused on my family and my customers more than my business. The more I do for them, the better my business becomes.
- Keeping in touch with my buddies. I don’t need much. A few short conversations per day seems to do the trick.