Your ability to maintain control of your business and life depends on how well you can manage your time (and manage others). It’s easy to fall behind while giving time and attention to people and things that hold you back. It’s not as hard as you might think to stay on track and get things done!
Here are a few time management tips that may help you:
1. Check and respond to your email once a day. I prefer checking it at the end of each day. That way, nothing gets in the way of me getting things done. It eliminates stress and a lot of my daily distractions. Manage expectations. NEVER immediately respond to an email. That way no one expects an instant response. This also decreases the amount of emails coming in without creating upset.
2. Let most incoming cell phone calls go to voice-mail.
3. Don’t text.
4. Plan your workdays and say “no” to anyone or anything that threatens your ability to do what you have to do.
5. Take a look at the top 3-5 things that take up most of your time. What can you systematize and/or automate? Can some or all of it be delegated? What can you eliminate all together?
6. Do you always feel behind? Take one project at a time. Get it done. Then go to the next. Feeling behind is typically caused slow implementation and completion.
7. Make sure that your daily “To-Do” list is sequenced properly. Take in consideration things like your energy levels throughout the day, other obligations that you have and the time needed to achieve completion. “Done” is all that matters.
Make things happen on your terms or spend most of your time and energy responding and reacting to things that happen to you. It truly is your choice.