In my opinion, these are the five essentials to building a great practice that can last a lifetime…
1. Low Overhead – Nothing is worse than having to render 3-4 weeks of care per month just to pay the bills (personal overhead included!). For sure, my happiest members are those who have pre-tax profit margins of 50% or more and live within their means.
2. A Three-Day Weekend, Every Weekend – Your practice should work for you, not the other way around. So why not work 4 days on, 3 days off? (Especially since any reason why you can’t merely comes from fear.) When you have time to rest and time to think, you make better decisions, are less reactive, and enjoy everything that you do a whole lot more.
3. A Carefree and Confident Attitude – We attract what we project. If you want calm and assured staff and patients, be that yourself first. Also, nervousness and anxiety can never attract what you want, especially money.
4. Integrity – It takes integrity to pass up the easy way outs and temptations that come our way: quick buck strategies/opportunities; associating with ass%oles; burning bridges; manufacturing false narratives of ourselves in an attempt to make others like, respect, or look up to us; putting money before relationships, etc.
5. Being Honest with Ourselves – Too many D.C.s want more than they are willing to pay for in effort, patience, time, and money. If you assume that you always get precisely what you deserve, then you will either up your game or stop complaining.
Based on how they were raised, some people have an advantage. I think I am one of those people. But with commitment, gratitude, and self awareness, I truly believe that EVERY ChiroTrust member who adopts and consistently works on the traits listed above CAN’T LOSE.