- Explain more than patients care to know… about Chiropractic, about what you do, about anything.
- Call patients if they miss an appointment.
- Dress, speak, and act casually.
- Your patients spend more time with your support staff and/or therapies than they do with you.
- You and your staff offer less than 100% constant eye contact.
- Interrupt your patients… even once is too much.
- Talk about their or your personal life.
- High first visit fee… cash or insurance.
- Bad mouth MDs, PTs, other DCs, etc.
- Unprofessional front office staff.
It’s not black and white.
You could be doing all of these things and quite possibly get a decent number of referrals.
But if you want a lot more, do none.