Let’s face it. Chiropractic can be all-encompassing. This is especially true if you aren’t only the Chiropractor, but also the owner of the practice. (Two separate and unique skill sets, by the way.)
That’s why today’s “Time To Think” is directed to the practice owner who may or may not be doing the treating.
So, here are my top tips to enjoying Chiropractic (they are not what you may be thinking) :
- Take every Fri.-Sun. off and enjoy those days off.
- Mondays – Thursdays, start early and work late with 3-4 hours off midday. I like 11-3 off. This gives you plenty of time to think, rest, and work ON, not just IN, the business.
- Manage expectations. – I don’t text. I don’t check emails every minute. I virtually never answer my cell phone. Train others or they will train you.
- Leave the house looking good. If you look good, you will feel good. Get rid of any clothes that you don’t wear or that don’t make you feel awesome.
- Go to bed when the sun goes down and get up when the sun rises. Research shows that this is extremely valuable to your health. Personally, I go to bed at 8:30-9 pm and wake up at 5:30 am. Try it for 2 weeks and you’ll see and feel the difference.
- Most people go to bed past 11 pm. Not good.
- Workout 7 days a week. I’m a huge fan of body weight, high-intensity workouts. To accelerate fat loss, learn about intermittent fasting (each day, I don’t start eating ‘til 12 noon – 1 pm), as well as doing your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I also workout in my garage. No gym membership. For me, it’s not necessary and a waste of time.) Even doing just 100 push-ups and 100 air squats per day does a lot of good. No need to do them all at once. Maybe just 10 of each 10 times a day!
- Socialize daily. – Being part of a community not only feels good, it attracts patients.
- You may know more about supplements than I do but eating right and supplementing for me is a must. I take Pure Encapsulation’s Men’s Pure Pack, Krill Oil, Vitamin D3 (Get your Vitamin D levels checked. I check it twice a year), Green Tea Extract, and 3 tablespoons of Organic Coconut Oil though out the day.
- Choose your battles. To keep most things from getting to you, focus on the big stuff.
- Choose your values wisely. Do you really need a big house, fancy cars, more stuff? I can afford 5-star hotels but prefer camping. I can afford 5-star restaurants but prefer a kale salad from Whole Foods. I can retire and never work a day in my life but I will work until my very last day.
To enjoy Chiropractic, you must first create a healthy mind, body, and environment, including whom you associate with and whom you let get into your head.
It’s how to create, attract, and maintain more of everything good…. with the least amount of struggle, frustration, and effort.
Also, slow down. Enjoy the ride. Live in the moment.
Focus on today.
Worry not about the future.
Leave Your Comment Below!