Like you, by design and by default, I create habits…. habits that from time to time, must be challenged, tested against, and if necessary, eliminated.
In that vein, here’s what I’ve said “no” to…
- No more free weights. Body weight workouts only.
- No breakfast. First meal is at 1 pm. (Intermittent fasting)
- No checking emails ‘til my most important daily work is done first.
- No going out of my way to explain ChiroTrust to any doctor who shows signs of skepticism.
- No placating.
- No work after 4 pm (I start at 6 am).
- No sitting at my computer. Standing only.
- No online or on smartphone calendar. Old school calendar/planner only.
- No distractions: No texting or answering the cell phone.
…and my big one is this:
NO MORE PRIVATE START-UP CLIENTS AND NO MORE NON-CHIROPRACTIC VENTURES.
ALL MY WORK TIME IS FOCUSED ON THESE 3 THINGS (IN THIS ORDER)…
- SERVING CHIROTRUST MEMBERS.
- SERVING “THE COMMITTEE” DOCS.
- THE NEW “RELIEF ASSIST” EXTRA STRENGTH, HIGH QUALITY TOPICAL ANALGESIC/COUNTER IRRITANT FOR NEW PATIENT PROCUREMENT AND MEMBER REVENUE CREATION.
It’s amazing how much focus is created by saying “YES” to the right things and “NO” to everything else.